SYC BLACKWELL FRIDAY HARBOR OUTSTATION
The gracious generosity of Les and Lynn Blackwell has provided SYC club members the use of their 42’
boat slip in Friday Harbor as an outstation. Slip No. 4 is available for SYC member use when the Blackwells are not personally using it. Please direct all inquiries and requests for reservations to the SYC Outstation Manager.
Slip Usage Guidelines*
The following basic guidelines will ensure all SYC members the use of this moorage in a fair and
• Use of the slip is limited to SYC members only.
• RESERVATIONS** ARE REQUIRED. No use without a prior reservation is permitted.
Contact the Outstation Manager to make a reservation, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Outstation Manager will respond as soon as possible. The gate code will be provided upon confirmation of your reservation.
• Check-in time is 12:00pm. Check-out time is 11:00am unless other arrangements have been
made with the Outstation Manager.
• Only one reservation date may be made at a time. Repeat reservations may not be allowed
during periods of high use.
• Use of the slip is limited to 3 consecutive nights. An extension may be possible based on
demand, as determined by the Outstation Manager.
• A donation of $20 per night is suggested. Please send your donation by check to:
Squalicum Yacht Club, PO Box 735, Bellingham, WA 98227
• Please fly your SYC burgee while in the slip.
• Pets are allowed. Please clean up after your pet.
• Please carry out your trash and garbage.
Because a general policy cannot anticipate all conditions, some policy terms and conditions may, at the discretion of the Outstation Manager, be adjusted to suit individual situations.
*GUIDELINES: These guidelines are a work in progress. They are intended to maintain some order and provide fair use of the outstation. The Club will use comments from members to refine the system so it is convenient and workable for users and at the same time as easy as possible to manage. Members are encouraged to give suggestions to the Outstation Manager or to the SYC Bridge. Remember, the Outstation Manager is an SYC member volunteeringh is time to make users’ experience with the slip as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Cooperation by all will be appreciated.
**In order to avoid schedule conflicts it is necessary and therefore required to have authorization from the outstation manager in order to use the slip. As an SYC member and volunteer, the outstation manager will try as soon as possible. It is best to allow 48 hours if possible.